Monday 29 October 2012

!?!Halloween!?!

                                                                        HALLOWEEN

  Hey everyone. It's Halloween here in Canada. Halloween today, is a fun holiday, mostly for children. It has roots in ancient religions and folklore. including paganism, ancient Roman religions, early Catholic Christianity, Irish folklore, and even British politics!
Children and adults enjoy this holiday on Halloween night by wearing funny costumes and eating candy. As we may think of this holiday (I know I do) as a time to go out have fun and be in the dentist waiting office the next morning.But for some conterys this holiday is the time where the dead rises and they have funarals and give food to the poor.                  .

This is my pumkin before I carved it.
Did you that carving pumpkins came from Britain? They used to believe that the scary faces on the pumpkins would frighten away ghosts and other horrid creatures.
Also one of the reasons we get candy is because we say, " Trick or treat." But back in the olden days  people really did play TRICKS to get candy. Now our only trick today is knocking on a door and dressing up in funny costumes. The word Halloween really means all hollows eve. The evening when all of the sprits rise from the dead.
Anyway beside the history,for Halloween this week me and my sister and her friend are all going trick or treating on my grandma's (Mets mama) street. It's funny, that's the one street in ALL of Penticton that gives out the best and most candy.

This Sunday my sister and I carved pumpkins........... oh and her friend, Jenna, was there too.
 Here are some pictures.


 This year instead of giving out candy were giving out hot coco because who doesn't like a nice warm cup of hot chocolate on a cold night? Oh and I also forgot we are also adding ghoast or pumkin shape mashmellos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment