Friday 12 October 2012

Guiness Book of World Records -Science

On Friday we participated in a national science experiment....
Bernoulli's principle states that for an inviscid flow, (a liquid that has no density),an increase in the speed of the fluid occurs simultaneously with a decrease in pressure or a decrease in the fluid's speed.


-Sorry I blinked. But besides that, what I am demonstrating here is the Bernoulli's principle. I am doing an experiment where I blow in between these ballons. You would think they would go futher apart right? Wrong. By blowing between them it is weaking the air between making them come together.
 
 Here I am also demonstrating the Bernoulli's principle but this time I'm using water instead of balloons. I am blowing into a straw that is cut in half. You would think that it would just bubble up the water but like the balloon one. You're wrong. Why you may ask? Well the reason is...... when you blow on top of the straw in the water it makes the water come out of the top of the straw into a mist.
This is completely off topic but in this picture doesn't the water look like milk? I think it's from the flash.
Oh and I forgot I'm the one in the red and black jacket. And that's my friend Kobe next to me. As you can see on his name tag.

A picture of all the home schoolers who joined the experiment.

Youtube Videos by ScienceInspiredArt





Here's my certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment