Thursday 24 October 2013

Update Update!

                                                     UPDATE UPDATE!

Sorry for my blog being in abeyance for such a long time. It's been nearly a year since my last post. Anyway, I thought I'd catch you up on the latest news.

The summer was just basic, nothing too AMAZING. Although, we did build a raft out of two inner tubes and a plank of wood, and we sailed it down the river.


I also bought my Ipad Mini which I have been saving up for the last six months.

Ipad mini.


Above is me cutting my birthday cake. I turned 13 years old last August! In the next picture I am with my friends opening my presents! We had a beach party and a sleepover, we stayed up till 4 AM (but don't tell my dad that.)



Also my sister ( Sienna ) and I went on a camp to a place called, Maple Springs Bible Camp. Or as I like to call it, MSBC. We had lots of fun on the camp. We went river walking (it was cold), on hikes, and stepped on a wasps' nest! Luckily, I didn't get stung, but my shirt did! Sienna and I are going back to MSBC this fall for only a two day camp, instead of 8 days like the summer one.


Our cabins as seen behind us.

This the whole camp, can you find me?
                                             
Sienna and I sold cherries at the farmers market this year. We picked them from our organic cherry tree. We were able to sell them for a whole 4 weeks! We made $100!
Unfortunately the worms got into them after a week or so and they rotted.

A couple of weeks ago, we went for a tour of Covert Farm. I found the world's smallest strawberry! (see pic below) It was the size of my thumb nail and so sweet!



This fall I took up a new sport, horse riding. I have been taking horse riding lessons for the past 7 weeks and I'm becoming more adept at riding too. Below is a picture of me during one of my lessons, on Cisco.


It's Oct 24, which means Halloween is coming up. So my family and I went pumpkin picking last week. We picked large variety of different sized pumpkins. Even baby pumpkins too. Here is a picture of a medium pumpkin I found. 
                                                                        

Back to the Halloween topic, this is probably our last year trick or treating, so Sienna and I are going as something together this year. But I will tell you about that in another blog post. 

Yesterday, our family and some of our friends all went up on a hike to Skaha Bluffs! It was a hard climb up there but it was worth it because the view was stunning.
Below is a picture of us looking out over Skaha lake.
 First is Baily (Sienna's friend), then Sienna, next to her is Ben (my friend) then me. Like my hat?

 After a while, Ben and I got a bit bored of hiking. So we pretended that we were in the Zombie Apocalypse and our family and friends had all been bitten and turned into zombies! Our mission was to find "The Shelter." But, when we discovered it, it had collapsed in a pile of rubble. Here is what was left of it.




This is us climbing the clay cliff at Skaha Bluffs. Ben and I created a little base on the side of the wall.


                                                         ****************************
Thanks for reading my really late report. I hope you enjoyed it! See u next time! :)
P.S. My family and I are going on a vacation in a month or so. If u can guess where, I will mention you in my next blog post!

~Jera's out, peace!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment