Thursday 24 October 2013

Our weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there its me Jera!!!!!!!!!!
In this post I will be showing you what I did over the weekend!
Below is a picture of me and some of my friends at a Quest Atlantis meeting.
Quest Atlantis is an on line website for homeschooling. It is a place where you can go and do interesting quests and try to save Quest Atlantis!
 Here all of us are there for a meeting, just to catch up on any quests.
Above, is our whole group. The person in the left corner is our teacher.
Below we are leaving Quest Atlantis behind and heading into the wilderness!
We are searching for a Christmas tree! And trust me it was hard to find. There were thousands of trees and the steep slopes made it hard to cut anything down.

Me and my sister have just spotted a tree off in the distance! It is the perfect size and height! We told our dad and he got his axe and chopped  the tree down. Do you see that black thing in the corner below? That's Buddy our dog!
And this is the most sad part of this post........ Below is a moose that was hit by a car. Then some idiot skinned the poor thing! He never saw it coming. Let's have moment of silence for the moose......................................................................................................................................

 On the way back we found some more "alive" animals! These are mountain goats! We found them on the road. The goat on the road is the big Daddy goat we call him, he is in control of the herd.
 
*******
  Lets feed some ducks!
For science this week my sister and I went to do a research project about estimate the duck population in Penticton.
But you can't count ducks that are scattered all over the place? Right. So the only way to count them was to feed them! Man, those ducks love bread.
Hear are two ducks that were coming for a feed.
Male ducks are the ones with a green head. Female ducks are the ones with the normal/brown head.
Above, is my sister and I feeding all the ducks! Do you see the white duck bye my feet? That poor duck, that I named Marmoo, has a disease that makes his feathers go white. I wonder if Marmoo gets bullied at duck school because he looks different?
And as we came to the end of our feeding I tried to lead the ducks back to there home. Witch was a small lake over near that fence in the right corner. Unfortunately, some of the ducks did not want to budge!
                                               Hear are our results for counting the population

Females: 55
Males : 67

Yeah I know right, that's a lot of ducks. And we only counted the ones that came to feed. There are hundreds of more ducks in Penticton!

                                                                  Maybe you could count the ducks where you live! then we could compare. Just leave your how many ducks are in your city!

            -Jera


No comments:

Post a Comment